ServiceNow Ticketing Tool: Working, Benefits, and Features
One of the most popular ServiceNow products is the ticketing tool. This tool has many different features that make it easy for any user to create and manage tickets, regardless of their skill level. Let’s explore this product.
What is a ticket?
A ticket is an open communication or inquiry recorded through a system. It is a request or problem that needs to be addressed. It can include requests for new services, changes to existing ones, and problems with those existing services. A ticket can also include additional information such as screenshots and logs from devices on the network. ServiceNow tickets are often used by IT departments when they need to keep track of who they need to contact for a particular issue or request.
About Ticketing System
A ticketing system is designed to help companies manage their workflow. These systems are typically used in customer service areas, but they can be useful for many other departments. The idea behind a ticketing system is that it allows users to create tickets and assign them to different people depending on the importance of the task or its priority level.
ServiceNow Ticketing tool
The ServiceNow Ticketing tool is an add-on for the ServiceNow platform. It allows users to create tickets, assign them to different categories and subcategories, track their workflow status, respond with answers to questions or comments that are added by other employees in the ticket thread. This product has many features that allow you to keep your workflow organized and productive.
What are the different types of tickets?
There are three types of tickets available that you can create using the ServiceNow Ticketing tool. These include trouble tickets, change requests, and service appointments.
- Trouble Tickets – these represent issues or problems with your products or services.
- Change Requests – these let you request changes to workflows, policies, procedures, or other items in your organization.
- Service Appointments – these are used for scheduling services.
What features make the ServiceNow Ticketing tool so powerful?
In addition to being able to create different types of tickets, there are many other things that you can do with this product. Here, go through the some of its most popular capabilities:
- Assign Tasks – users can assign tasks to other users in the thread. This lets them know what they need to do and when it needs to be completed.
- Track Workflow Status – you can track workflow status for each ticket in your system so that you always have a clear idea of where everything stands.
- Push notifications – users receive push notifications whenever there is activity on their tickets, allowing them to stay up-to-date on their tasks.
- Attach Files – you can attach files to the tickets so that everyone involved has access to important documents, images, and other media.
- Custom Fields/Field Groups – this is a powerful feature because it lets users create custom fields in order to track specific information related to each ticket or task; for example, you might want to track the location of a ticket or which department it’s assigned to.
- Attach Notes/Comments – users can add notes and comments as they work on tasks in order to stay organized and ensure that everyone is on the same page regarding their responsibilities.
- Add Answers – this allows employees to answer questions that are included in the ticket thread, which is very helpful for resolving issues quickly.
- Create Tickets Using Email – you can create tickets using email attachments. This makes it easy to send information about customer inquiries or complaints directly into your ServiceNow system.
What types of reports does the ServiceNow Ticketing tool offer?
There are many different types of reports that you can create using the ticketing system. These include:
- Reports for Tickets – these show a list of all tickets and their status;
- Reports for Assignments & Tasks – this shows users who have been assigned tasks or projects, along with due dates.
- Reports for Categories – this shows you which categories are most popular, as well as how many total tickets have been created within each category.
Working of a ticketing tool
Creating a new ticket is simple and can be done in less than one minute. Initially, you need to select the “New Ticket” button, choose the category of your service request (for example if it’s an IT issue choose IT), and type your question or title for the ticket. You can also add tags or custom fields if you need to collect any information from the customer in order to solve their problem. After that, just click “Submit” and your request will be submitted for review by other users on your team.
Features of a Ticketing tool
There are many features available when using a ticketing system. Some of the most popular features include:
Reply with answers to questions or comments that are added by other employees in the ticket thread.
The above-mentioned features are some of the many things you can do with the ServiceNow Ticketing tool. It’s user-friendly and allows anyone to create tickets, regardless of their skill level or experience in this area. This is why it has become one of the most popular products offered by ServiceNow.