Top Oracle ATG Interview Questions and Answers One Must Know in 2021
Are you looking for the best material to crack the Oracle ATG interview? Well then, you are at the right place! Organizations around the world are leveraging the benefits of Oracle ATG Web-commerce software application to provide personalized services to their customers. It helps the business in automating and personalizing the online buying experience and offers features like automated recommendations, live help service, content personalization, marketing, merchandising etc.
Here we have collected a list of ATG interview questions and answers based on the expert’s advice. Preparing these questions will build confidence in you and makes you ready for your interview. Let’s jump into the question answers part.
Frequently Asked Oracle ATG Interview Questions and Answers
1. What do you know about ATG?
ATG is abbreviated as Art Technology Group. This is a framework used to create web applications and based on J2EE standards. Many online shopping websites are moving to ATG to improve their website performance.
2. What is the core of ATG?
The core of the ATG is the Dynamic Application Framework(DAF) which executes a component development model based on JavaBeans and JavaServer Pages(JSPs).
3. What is a droplet in ATG?
Droplets are known as the backbone of front-end content for all the applications of ATG. Droplets enable dynamic content to be effortlessly weaved within the JavaServer Pages(JSPs). As droplets are very easy to insert into JSPs, developers without java knowledge can control the rendering of dynamic content.
“Interested to begin your career in Oracle Web-Commerce Software?
Enroll now for the Oracle ATG Training Course. Click to check out the course details.”
4. What do you know about an ATG Repository?
A repository is an interface between your database and your ATG application. On a high level, any web application is based upon two things essentially viz. Source-code and database. So, you can utilize your database to display/create/modify the data.
In simple words, a repository gives us a simple-to-use interface that helps us to access data present in our database. And the data is provided in the form of Java Object.
5. List the types of ATG repositories?
There are two types of repositories they are:
- SQL Repository: SQL Repository utilizes the General SQL Adapter(GSA) to perform a mapping among ATG and data stored within a SQL database.
- Versioned repository: versioned repository is an extension of the SQL repository used in ATG Content Administration. It owns versions for every set of data. For instance, a price for a product is updated, the new entry will be made with a new version number rather than editing the price.
6. List the types of scopes for ATG components?
There are three different types of scopes for ATG components, they are:
7. What is the ATG component?
ATG component is just a configuration file(a standard text file with .properties extension) that uses a Java class.
8. What do you know about the pipeline?
A pipeline is an execution mechanism that provides modular code execution. ATG Commerce utilizes pipelines to execute tasks, like loading an Order, saving an Order, and checking out an Order.
9. List the types of pipelines in ATG?
There are two types of pipelines in ATG used by Dynamo they are:
- DAS Servlet Pipeline: this is used to handle JHTML requests.
- DAF Servlet Pipeline: this is used to handle JSP requests.
10. What is the default scope of a component?
The default scope of a component is “Global”.
11. What do you know about the nucleus in ATG?
The nucleus is an ATG container for components. This is used to create and initialize component instances on request. It also manages the component scope. It discovers the properties file for the component, and by that, it relinquishes the class file of the component. Nucleus components are nothing but Java Objects individually with an associated .properties file that stores configuration values.
12. What is Caching?
The cache is a type of memory that is used to improve the speed of data access. Usually, the data needed for any process remains in the main memory. But, it is transported to the cache memory temporarily if it is utilized often enough. The process of saving and obtaining data from a cache is called caching.
13. List different modes of caching?
There are five different types of modes of caching they are:
14. What are the seven common elements A user may view while checking through ATG Dynamo?
The seven common elements a user may view while checking through ATG dynamo are:
- Billing address
- eMail confirmation
- Confirm button
- Shipped eMail address
15. How to create a custom repository?
We can create a custom repository in the following way:
XMLToolsFactory: this is used for parsing XML.
definitionFiles: information of files will be kept here.
idGenerator: this is used to generate unique ids.
transactionManager: this is used for transaction purposes for either committing or rolling back in a specific task.
16. Tell me any six OOTB form handlers you know?
The six OOTB form handlers I know are:
17. What are the input parameters for the ForEach droplet?
Below are the input parameters ForEach droplet:
18. What are the ways to create a component?
There are two ways we can create a component they are:
- By using ACC.
- By generating java+properties files within our Eclipse/module.
19. What do you know about a context root?
A context root is a URL mounting of the web application. It decides what URL site the visitors will insert to get into the site.
“context-root” is defined within the “application.xml” file inside the “j2ee-apps” folder.
20. What is GenericFormHandler.java?
GenericFormHandler.java is a base class for all ATG Formhandlers.
21. What do you know about ATG DPS?
ATG DPS is also known as the ATG dynamo personalization system. This provides the right content to the user by carrying user profile data and business rules.
The key elements of ATG DPS are:
- User profile management system
- Content targeting system
- Targeted e-mail system
22. What are the types of caches that ATG contains?
There are two types of caches that ATG contains, they are:
- Item cache
- Query cache
23. Differentiate between DSP and DSPEL tags?
DSP tag library tags support runtime expressions. These tags utilize an id attribute to name the scripting variables they create.
DSPEL tag library tags support JSTL Expression Language (EL) elements also assessed at runtime.
24. List the common elements that a user will see during checkout through ATG Dynamo?
There are seven common elements that a user will see during checkout through ATG Dynamo they are:
- Shopping cart
- Billing address
- eMail confirmation
- Confirm button
- Shipped eMail address
25. How to achieve inheritance at the Atg Repository level?
Here hardgoodShippingGroup is the subitem(like class) shippingGroup is the super Item(class)
Therefore all the properties/features of shippingGroup we can perceive in hardgoodShippingGroup items also.
26. What do scenarios do?
Scenario predicts and tracks the actions of the people who visit your website and respond properly, for example, tailoring the site’s content, giving price promotions, or transmitting targeted e-mail messages.
27. Name any two form handlers you utilize for a shopping cart?
The two form handlers I use for a shopping cart are:
28. List the methods in a component?
There are two methods in component they are
29. What are the performance issues you face with ATG?
Below are the performance issues you face with ATG:
- Database activities at a high level.
- CPU utilisation problèmes.
- SQL queries that are running for very long.
- Slow response times.
30. What is the use of priceLists?
Price Lists enable you to target a particular set of prices to a distinct group of customers. A single interface within the ACC controls price lists. For example, price lists can be utilized to implement business-to-business pricing where every customer can hold their unique pricing for products based upon contracts, RFQ, including pre-negotiated prices.
Preparing these Oracle ATG interview questions will build confidence in you to clear your interview and help you in landing your dream job. Hope you found this blog helpful and stay tuned for the latest ATG interview questions. Happy learning!